Re: NTLK Any Newton Users in the Netherlands.

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 09:05:12 CDT

Paul Flanagan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am going to be spending sometime in the Netherlands. I actually am in
Utrecte now. Q: Are there any users of Newtons in the NL? How have you
localized your Newton for here. Modem choices, dial up service, software.
I would love to hear from you.

Ah, Utrecht... Utrecht zien en sterven... :-)

Yes, there are. I am one, and the infamous Robert Benschop (who, without
doubt, will be replying to this message soon, also) is one, then there's
Nico, and Jeroen...

We don't generally localize our Newtons that much... Jeroen has worked with
Paul Guyot to give us a Dutch dictionary for better handwriting recognition,
we set the time zone to match the time zone we're in, we use correct
area-codes... Waht else? I dunno, really.

Modems are pretty much the same all over the world, software ditto.

We have our own Dutch mailinglist, we meet semi-regularly at the Apple user
meeting, you know, the usual.

So, now that you're in Holland, are you enjoying the football?

,xtG
..tsooJ